Monday, April 03, 2006

Hate to say I told you so

Wait, no I don't. What I hate to say is that I didn't actually put any money on the game. That's right. Here I am acting like I know the key to getting free money and yet I don't even take my own advice. Gambling is risky, people. (Read: I didn't have the sack to bet any real money on something I was pretty sure was going to happen.)

So the amazing George Mason story ends in disappointment, and now we probably won't hear a word about Mason athletics for the next 15 years other than some random tournament-time chatter at the water cooler.

"Hey, remember that team a couple years back that made it to the Final Four as an 11 seed?"

"Ohhh yeah. Dude, that was amazing. What team was that again? They had that guy that hit some other guy in the noots... George... Washington?"

"NO man. It was Madison. James Madison."

"Oh, that's right."

And if you're looking for betting advice on tonight's championship game, here's some: DON'T DO IT.

Tonight's game is way too difficult to pick. Don't throw money away on a coin-flip.

I should be on one of those NBC public service announcements.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I take special pleasure in this comment, because you're a journalism major and should know better: "Tonight's game is way too difficult to pick." You get an F.

C. Stone said...

What's that? I don't see any mistake...

And that's only a letter grade, not a full F. If I had misspelled Florda or Jorge Mayson or some other proper noun, that would be an F.