Friday, January 05, 2007

Capitals in Advertising

I don't know why I've become a complete YouTube whore lately, but it's happened so deal with it.

Recently the Washington Capitals have had a couple of players featured in television spots, and since YouTube makes it so easy to hijack them and post them on my blog as if I did all the work, I figured I'd share them here.

The first ad, featuring Donald Brashear, is a local spot for WUSA 9 News -- specifically Brett Haber's sports coverage. I'm not a huge Haber fan because I don't like the cut of his gib (yeah I went there ... and by there I mean to expressions that no one has used since 1955), but the ad is funny:


The next is a national ad for the NHL on NBC, featuring Alexander Ovechkin. I thought it was hilarious, but everyone I show it to just kind of shrugs and says, "meh."


(I know that's not actually from YouTube, but I'm taking it upon myself to genericize the YouTube brand name -- like Kleenex, Rollerblades and Band-Aids.)

Watching these ads has me wondering if the Capitals are starting to get some more recognition in the area and maybe that will lead to increased attendance before too long.

We can hope, right?

No comments: