Thursday, January 04, 2007

Quality Shots



I don't know what the best part of this video is, the Arenas buzzer-beating three-pointer from the parking lot to win the game, or the fact that this YouTuber just held a camera up to his TV and that you can even see that he's watching the Sugar Bowl on the picture-in-picture.

The D.C. Sports Bog had some great postgame coverage that shows how a good reporter writing in blog style can be way funnier than what they can actually put in the game recap. I especially like Brendan Haywood's Double Dribble reference, if only because Double Dribble was the basketball equivalent to Blades of Steel.

For me, the best part of this shot was that I was actually watching the game. How bittersweet is it to wake up and only see the day-after highlights of some amazing local game?

I missed Alex Ovechkin's "The Goal," and even though it's still "simply sensational" ('sup Joe Beninati?) in highlights, it sucks to sit there wondering why in the world you missed watching it on live TV.

When someone IMs me at 9:30 p.m. with a "DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?!" there's nothing worse than having to say, "uhh ... what?"

With Arenas' shot, I would have been able to say, "HELL YES I SAW THAT ZOMG!!!!!!1111one"

If only I had any friends to IM me ... maybe I would if I stopped saying "ZOMG."

No comments: